Paul Blais Realty Group believes in building and preserving relationships with our past, present and future customers and clients. These relationships are built on trust, respect and serving your needs. Establishing that trust and respect in this relationship is done by telling you what information we require from you, how this information will be handled and used and how this information will be kept safe. We know that your personal information is a valued asset and we want you to know that we will treat it carefully.
Your personal information is also governed by certain federal and provincial legislation which we comply with.
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is any information about an identifiable individual, other than the person's business title or business contact information when used or disclosed for the purpose of business communications.
What Personal Information do we Collect?
We collect personal information from individuals who we may interact with which may be provided to us through a variety of means including oral, written and electronic communications. This includes interaction through our web site; at our show homes, sales centers and exhibitions; by way of market research and for the purpose of serving our customers.
The personal information we collect includes:
- contact and identification information, such as your name, addresses, telephone number and email address;
- information related to the purchase or proposed purchase of a home including;
- municipal and legal address
- Agreements, acknowledgements, addendums, contracts, or any other information related to the purchase or sale of a home including general information on preferences, advisors and decision-makers, feed-back and information requested by or provided to you.
- personal financial, banking and insurance information
- Market research information related to your choices, preferences and demographics
Why Do We Collect Personal Information?
Paul Blais Realty Group collects personal information to enable us to manage, maintain, and develop our business and operations, including:
- to establish, maintain and manage our relationship with you so that we may provide you with, or receive from you, the services that have been requested;
- Paul Blais Realty Group may be required from time to time to disclose your personal information to third parties. The purposes for such disclosure include, but are not limited to: Mortgage Brokers and/or Financial Institutions, Lawyers, Legal Assistants and/or individuals working to complete legal activities related to the purchase or sale of a home, Home Inspectors or individuals contracted to provide certain inspection or warranty work as it relates to the purchase or sale of a home
- to be able to review the services that we provide to you so that we may understand your requirements for our services as so that we may work to improve our products and services;
- to be able to comply with your requests;
- if you have contacted us through our website, or provided us other contact information in our efforts to market our services, we may also contact you via e-mail message or other media to:
- to respond to an inquiry or request for information;
- to thank you for contacting the Paul Blais Realty Group;
- to communicate with you after the purchase or sale of a home about your experience and your use of our services
- to inform you of upcoming events or promotions
- to enable us to analyze market conditions; and
- any other reasonable purpose to which you consent
How Do We Use and Disclose Your Personal Information?
We use and disclose your personal information:
- for any additional purposes for which we have obtained your consent to use or disclose your personal information;
We may use or disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent where we are permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements to do so.
When do we Disclose Your Personal Information?
We share your personal information with our employees, contractors, consultants and other parties who require such information to assist us with managing our relationship with you, including: third parties that provide services to us or on our behalf; third parties that assist the Paul Blais Realty Group in the provision of goods and services to you; and third parties whose services we use to conduct our business.
Further, your personal information may be used or disclosed:
- as permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements;
- to comply with valid legal processes such as search warrants, subpoenas or court orders;
- during emergency situations or where necessary to protect the safety of a person or group of persons;
- where the personal information is publicly available;
- to respond to claims that your information violated the rights and interests of third parties;
- to protect the security and integrity of the website;
- to correct technical problems and malfunctions in the website; or
- with your consent.
Your Consent is Important to Us
Your consent may be implied, deemed (using an opt-out mechanism) or express. Implied consent is consent that can reasonably be inferred from your action or inaction. For example, when you enter into an agreement with us, we will assume your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information for purposes related to the performance of that agreement and for any other purposes identified to you at the relevant time.
You may change or withdraw your consent at any time, except where it is required to fulfill our legal or contractual obligations and subject to reasonable notice, by contacting us via the contact information on this website.
How is Your Personal Information Protected?
Paul Blais Realty Group endeavors to maintain physical, technical and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information in question. These safeguards are designed to prevent your personal information from loss or unauthorized access, copying, use, modification or disclosure.
Updating Your Personal Information
It is important that the information contained in our records is both accurate and current. If your personal information happens to change during the course of your relationship, please keep us informed of such changes. We will endeavor to change that record.
Access to Your Personal Information
Paul Blais Realty Group provides individuals with the opportunity to access their personal information that is held, subject to exceptions permitted by law. If at any time you would like to access your personal information held by us, please contact our office via the "Contact Us" page on this website.